So BETT has come and gone for another year and what have I learnt? Well not being stuck in a meeting room for 3 straight days, only let out for food and water periodically when I was starting to show signs of exhaustion, was much more pleasurable! Getting to see what vendors, resellers and the competition are doing is very useful for someone trying to differentiate in a new business. Read more
So 2016, just back to work after Christmas and what is the first email you get? “Have you printed your badge for BETT this year yet?” Obviously not, but thank you for the reminder all the same. Well I have now and I will be at BETT for the week, which I look forward to with a sense of trepidation….how badly are my feet going to hurt by the end?
edde is working on a simple calculator to give you a budgetary cost of a scheme in regards of the contribution needed for the devices you want to use in your establishment
Making sure you have the right technical advice, training and support will be essential in success of your E Learning scheme and here at edde we are committed in helping find you this partner.
What support are you going to need in implementing your scheme? The below list gives a number of pointers on key areas to focus on:
- Infrastructure – Is the network, internet connection and wireless able to support the number of devices on the scheme?
- Operating system – What operating system does the school use, are you going to continue, could you change?
- Device choice and support – Are you needing support to being taken on this journey, check our deciding a device section for more ideas.
- Ongoing support – As an establishment are looking for warranty support or a managed service?
- Training (It is ESSENTIAL) – Training for teachers is key to the success of any device roll out, the IoE recommended recently that 70% of investment in technology should be in training, obviously this was caveated with budgets not always allowing it however a serious investment is highly recommended.
edde being totally agnostic is happy to work with the partner you may have already work with or introduce you to a suitably matched partner to the requirements.
Welcome to edde Limited, we are a new way of delivering device schemes in to the education sector! edde will be totally transparent in the way that these schemes are run and build a sustainable proposition for your institution.
Education is an ever changing landscape and the technology being used has been very much the same. Over the past few years we have seen wireless become a must in the school, the rise and fall of the netbook and the birth of the tablet. Over this time schools have been looking at how, with this proliferation in mobile devices, they can support these technologies in and outside the building. With the current real term fall in school budgets, which seems to be around 8% over the next 2 years as an average, this is looking to become harder.
Get In Touch
- About us
- Approved Cases
- Blank Page for DORIS
- Case Studies
- Chromebook leasing for schools
- Company Information
- Complaints Handling Procedure
- Contact edde
- Digital Device Suppliers
- Digital Learning Resources
- e-learning temp
- edde Blog
- edde Corporate Responsibility
- Education Leasing
- Enquire Now – Insurance
- Finding A Supplier
- General Data Protection Regulation
- iPad leasing for schools
- Leasing Computers for Schools
- Leasing Laptops For Schools
- My account
- Parent Portal
- Parent Portal Login
- Parental Contribution
- Tablet leasing for schools
- Terms & Conditions
- Thank You
- Which Digital Device