Chromebooks in the classroom – the basics of Chromebooks
Chromebook devices are popular within the digital education sector. Many may wonder why their children have Chromebook laptops rather than an alternate device. Here is everything you need to know about why schools choose Chromebooks.
What is a Chromebook?
Firstly, what is a Chromebook, what makes it so different to any other ordinary laptop?
It is a laptop that runs on the Google chrome operating system. The idea behind the Chrome OS is that designed to work on the cloud. Clouds are storage systems that save all your files, apps and even your desktop. This enables you to access your data across multiple devices.
What is a cloud?
Having a cloud means your pupils can access their files and apps wherever they sign in. Thereby, there is never an excuse to misplacing your files or losing any coursework, revision notes or homework.
What if the laptop has no WiFi facility?
Chromebooks can store files locally and work offline.
Why do schools choose Chromebooks?
- Chromebooks are easy to use, versatile and secure. All Chromebook devices come with an auto update policy, which provides the device with automatic updates on apps, security etc.
- Chromebooks come in two forms – laptops and tablets. They vary in screen sizes dependant on what you are looking for.
- Affordable. Chromebooks come in entry level models that enable schools to invest in a device, without having to stretch the school budget so much.
- Shareable devices. Chromebooks can be used by multiple users who can have their own profile and files. Many schools invest in several Chromebooks and pupils will share the device with one another.
What can you pupils do on Chromebooks?
Each pupils’ requirements will be different on the device, so it is difficult to say. The capabilities and facilities on Chromebooks will enable all pupils to achieve their needs if some shape or form.
Popular tools on Chromebooks are Gmail and Google Docs to support pupil interaction with fellow classmates and tutors. There are different applications available to enhance new skills such as:
Google classroom is a tool that teachers can use to assign homework, assignments and support documents for exams.
Any questions? Get in touch today!
Chromebooks are great devices to use in the classroom. For more information on Chromebooks in the classroom call edde on 01494 611 465. Alternatively, enquire online today and a member of the team will be in touch shortly.
Get In Touch
- About us
- Approved Cases
- Blank Page for DORIS
- Case Studies
- Chromebook leasing for schools
- Company Information
- Complaints Handling Procedure
- Contact edde
- Digital Device Suppliers
- Digital Learning Resources
- e-learning temp
- edde Blog
- edde Corporate Responsibility
- Education Leasing
- Enquire Now – Insurance
- Finding A Supplier
- General Data Protection Regulation
- iPad leasing for schools
- Leasing Computers for Schools
- Leasing Laptops For Schools
- My account
- Parent Portal
- Parent Portal Login
- Parental Contribution
- Tablet leasing for schools
- Terms & Conditions
- Thank You
- Which Digital Device